Under $15 and 15 minutes & 60 grams of protein per serving!
I love street style tacos so much. Honestly think they are one of my favorite foods- they are filling, flavorful, and are have many good ingredients!
I whipped up this recipe from ingredients from Trader Joe’s. Cost me under $15 to make enough for a few days and takes under 20 minutes to prepare and cook!
I made this in bulk using an entire package of ground chicken and seasoning for that amount- so adjust the seasoning based on the amount of meat you use!
- 1 pack of organic ground chicken
- 1 packet of Trader Joe's taco seasoning
- 1/2 onion
- 3 Trader Joe's corn & wheat tortillas
- Trader Joe's pico de gallo
Serving size : 3 tacos
1. Add avocado oil to a pan and half of a chopped onion. Let cook for 5 minutes on low.
2. Add package of organic ground chicken and break up as it it cooks. I cooked it and broke up the pieces using a big spoon for about 5 minutes before adding anything else
3. Add two tablespoons of a canned tomato sauce (big key unless u want dry chicken) & entire packet of Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning Mix. (Add less of you don’t want it as spicy!)
4. Stir and let cook for about 8 minutes or until ready.
5. Move the chicken over to one side of the pan and add in one tortilla to empty side of the pan. I let the tortilla cook for one minute on each side so the sauce and oils flavor the tortilla (adds such a great taste- game changer.)
6. Put tortillas on a plate and add in the chicken mixture.
7. Plate and garnish with cilantro, more chopped onion, lime and pico de gallo
Such a quick and easy meal that actually tastes good! You can store the chicken mixture and re-heat it in a sauce pan during the week to make more tacos or add to anything else!
Macro information for 3 corn tortillas:
Let me if you try this recipe! Don’t forget to follow my Instagram @happyhippiefitness_ for more healthy recipes and fun content!